JOIN US ON SATURDAY, JUNE 3rd at the Beat the Grandma 5k in Grand Rapids and help send teens to a life-changing week of YFC Camp!
- DATE AND TIME: June 3, 2023. Packet pick-up begins at 8:00 am in the Student and Visitor parking lot near the track (off of Tremont Blvd.). The first group of runners will begin at 9:00 am.
- LOCATION: Union High School | 1800 Tremont Blvd., | Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- REGISTRATION: $15. Register below.
- BONUS: Coming dressed like a grandma/pa is highly encouraged!
We are asking individuals to get involved in one of two ways:
- SIGN UP TO RUN WITH THE WMYFC TEAM. This year, WMYFC is teaming up with The Old Farts Running Club and joining them in their annual Beat the Grandma 5k. Each person that registers to run with us will be asked to help us raise money toward YFC Camp scholarships so that every teen can attend summer camp. Click the button below to register as a runner.
- SPONSOR A RUNNER/DONATE TOWARD YFC CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS. We need community members to give toward YFC Camp Scholarships. We have a goal of $25,000 so that every teen, no matter their financial situation, can attend YFC Camp. Will you consider donating toward a scholarship? If so, click the button below!
LET'S GET EVERY TEEN TO YFC CAMP!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY
Click the buttons below to either participate in the Beat the Grandma 5k with the WMYFC team or to donate toward a trip scholarship. Thank you for making a difference in a teen's life! YFC Camp could be the week that they make the life-changing decision to say YES to Jesus!
Shareable and downloadable!
Fundraising Resources for Runners
Our goal is to raise $25,000 in camp scholarships. We are asking each participant to help us reach that goal by inviting their connections to sponsor them as they run. To help you spread the word, we've created some downloadable and shareable graphics that you can use on social media, text, and include in emails. Let's get every teen to camp this summer! Click the button below to download shareable graphics.
A little more about the Beat the Grandma 5k
The Old Farts Running Club puts on an annual 5k called, Beat the Grandma. A Grandma has won all but one year! It is highly encouraged that all participants come dressed like a grandpa or grandma to add to the fun atmosphere of this race. The first group of runners will start at 9:00 (the grandparents) and the second group (everyone else) will have a slightly later start time. The goal is to beat the grandmas to the finish line...and eat the delicious homemade cookies they brought. All are welcome to participate!